Podcasts are audio magazines published on the Internet. They're released at regular intervals, and usually last between 30 and 60 minutes. Podcasts often focus on a particular topic such as technology or music.
You can subscribe to a podcast just as you can with a magazine. When you subscribe to a podcast, each new episode is automatically downloaded for you to listen to. All you need is a programme such as Accessible Podcatcher or Juice.
Blind Cool Tech
- Topic: Gadgets, software and accessible technologies for blind and partially sighted people.
- Website: http://www.blindcooltech.com/
- Topic: Digital developments, internet innovations and technical triumphs from the BBC Radio 4 programme.
- Website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/clickon
- Topic: Barrier free tips and tricks for blind and partially sighted computer users.
- Website: http://easi.cc/podcasts/bfit/index.htm
- Topic: News, information and reviews of Freedom Scientific products.
- Website: http://www.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/default.asp
- Topic: News, information and reviews of GW Micro products.
- Website: http://www.gwmicro.com/Audio_Video_Archive/Podcast/
- Topic: All things Apple from iPhones to iMacs and everything inbetween.
- Website: http://podcast.mac-access.net/RSS/Mac-Access.Net.html
Mark Taylor Candleshore
- Topic: Technology reviews focusing on Apple and mobile products.
- Website: http://feeds.feedburner.com/candleshore
- Topic: Friendly tech talk and music from Computer Room Services.
- >Website: http://www.comproom.co.uk/ourplace
- Topic: All things Mac related.
- Website: http://www.screenlessswitchers.com/
- Topic: Technology reviews, news and guidance for blind and partially sighted people.
- Website: http://www.accessibleworld.org/category/site-categories/tek-talk-archives
T and T Consultancy
- Topic: News, reviews and reports on a wide range of access technology products.
- Website: http://www.tandt-consultancy.com/pages/podcast_blog.php