Established in 1969, BCAB is the oldest association of blind and partially sighted technology users in the world. Originally created to support computer professionals, we now promote and encourage the use of technology amongst all blind and partially sighted people.
What do we do?
We're involved in the following key activities:
- Sharing impartial advice about computers, tablets, mobiles and assistive technologies;
- Campaigning for equal access to technology and the internet;
- Hosting an independent technology help line and discussion forum;
- Producing technology articles, tutorials and webinars;
- Holding technology meetups and events.
Who are our members?
Our members include people taking their first steps with technology, through to people working as professionals in the IT industry.